3 Night Packages from £1,250
GEFRORENER ST. MORITZERSEE
Friday 2nd February to Monday 5th February 2024
On February 5, the frozen Lake St. Moritz is transformed into an international hotspot. On the racecourse, established jockeys and their noble thoroughbreds will be showing fast-paced gallop races as well as the world-exclusive skijoring.
Join more than 30,000 people travelling to the Engadin mountains to enjoy the thrilling atmosphere at the horse races on frozen Lake St. Moritz. International professional jockeys race their spirited horses at terrific speed across the snow, causing the air to buzz with excitement. Undisputed highlight is the skijöring, a spectacular form of racing found only in St. Moritz: competitors are on skis, pulled by riderless thoroughbreds at speeds of up to 50 km/h along the 2,700-metre course. The feat demands equal measures of courage, skill, strength and fitness.
The large tent city, covering an area of 130,000 sq.m, offers attractions to guests of all ages including live music, gastronomic delicacies, shopping and a children´s play area. A colourful crowd of horse lovers, jockeys, trainers, owners, helpers, visitors, locals and celebrity guests ensures a glamorous atmosphere that has made the legendary event one of the highlights of the winter season.
- Depart from Heathrow Terminal 5 at 06.40 on BA0710 to Zurich arriving at 09.20.
- Local train from Zurich to St Moritz offering stunning views.
- Coach transfers to Hotel Hauser.
- ‘Hot Rock’ Supper at The Roo Restaurant at 7pm.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Day at leisure. We can arrange skiing or tobogganing if required (please contact us for further details). There is also family day at the track on Saturday.
- Our experienced Venatour host will guide you to the very best activities in the area.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Today is the world renowned White Turf Festival.
- Official White Turf Race Day Tickets (upgrades available)
- Enjoy the ‘’after party’ events.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Glacier Express train journey from St Moritz to Chur.
- Lunch in Chur (paid on own account).
- Local train to Zurich Airport.
- Depart Zurich at 19.20 and arrive at London Heathrow at 20.00.
- Return flights from the UK to Switzerland as indicated in the itinerary.
- Airport transfers in Switzerland as indicated in the itinerary.
- Glacier Express Train Journey.
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis as indicated in the itinerary.
- Official Race Day Tickets (upgrades available).
- ‘Hot Rock’ Meal in the Roo Restaurant on the 1st Night.
- Official tour merchandise.
- An experienced Venatour Tour Manager.