3 Night Package from £1,300
GEFRORENER ST. MORITZERSEE
Friday 16th February to Monday 19th February 2024
On February 5, the frozen Lake St. Moritz is transformed into an international hotspot. On the racecourse, established jockeys and their noble thoroughbreds will be showing fast-paced gallop races as well as the world-exclusive skijoring.
Join more than 30,000 people travelling to the Engadin mountains to enjoy the thrilling atmosphere at the horse races on frozen Lake St. Moritz. International professional jockeys race their spirited horses at terrific speed across the snow, causing the air to buzz with excitement. Undisputed highlight is the skijöring, a spectacular form of racing found only in St. Moritz: competitors are on skis, pulled by riderless thoroughbreds at speeds of up to 50 km/h along the 2,700-metre course. The feat demands equal measures of courage, skill, strength and fitness.
The large tent city, covering an area of 130,000 sq.m, offers attractions to guests of all ages including live music, gastronomic delicacies, shopping and a children´s play area. A colourful crowd of horse lovers, jockeys, trainers, owners, helpers, visitors, locals and celebrity guests ensures a glamorous atmosphere that has made the legendary event one of the highlights of the winter season.
Friday 16th February
- Depart from Heathrow Terminal 5 at 06.40 on BA0710 to Zurich arriving at 09.20.
- Local train from Zurich to Chur.
- Glacier Express Train Journey – Departing Chur at 14.34 and arriving in St Moritz at 16.37.
- Transfers to Hotel Hauser.
- ‘Hot Rock’ Supper at The Roo Restaurant at 7pm.
Saturday 17th February
- Day at leisure. We can arrange skiing or tobogganing if required (please contact us for further details). There is also family day at the track on Saturday.
Sunday 18th February
- It’s Race Day with the spectacle of The White Turf Grand Prix Finale, a fantastic days racing with the 100k Final being the highlight.
- A full on-course concierge service from our experienced Venatour Manager is on offer throughout the day.
Monday 19th February
- Leave after breakfast to Zurich Airport.
- Depart Zurich at 19.20 and arrive at London Heathrow at 20.00.
- Return flights from the UK to Switzerland as indicated in the itinerary.
- Airport transfers in Switzerland as indicated in the itinerary.
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis as indicated in the itinerary.
- Glacier Express Train Journey.
- Full owner experience at the lake.
- Official tour merchandise.
- ‘Hot Rock’ Meal in the Roo Restaurant on the 1st Night.
- An experienced Venatour Tour Manager.