Jonny Bairstow axed from England Test squad as Zak Crawley, Dominic Sibley, Matthew Parkinson and Saqib Mahmood all feature
England have named their squad for their upcoming tour of New Zealand.
The reigning ODI World Champions will play the side they beat in sensational Super Over style in a five-game T20 series and a two-game Test series.
There is no place for wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow in the Test squad, as Jos Buttler takes the gloves.
Uncapped quartet Zak Crawley, Dominic Sibley, Matthew Parkinson and Saqib Mahmood have all made the cut as England look to revamp an ageing side as they look to reclaim the World No. 1 Test Rank.
Surrey batsman Ollie Pope is also recalled in an exciting, young lineup.
Meanwhile, England have made a raft of changes in their T20 squad, with Tom Banton and Pat Brown making the squad along with Mahmood and Parkinson also earning call ups.
There are also recalls for Dawid Malan and James Vince with senior players Joe Root, Buttler, Jofra Archer and Ben Stokes all rested.
England tour of New Zealand 2019
- Sun 27 Oct: T20 warm-up match – Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln
- Tue 29 Oct: T20 warm-up match – Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln
- Fri 1 Nov: 1st IT20 v New Zealand – Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Sun 3 Nov: 2nd IT20 v New Zealand – Westpac Stadium, Wellington
- Tue 5 Nov: 3rd IT20 v New Zealand – Saxton Oval, Nelson
- Fri 8 Nov: 4th IT20 v New Zealand – McLean Park, Napier
- Sun 10 Nov: 5th IT20 v New Zealand – Eden Park, Auckland
- Tue 12 Nov: Two-day warm-up match – Cobham Oval, Whangarei
- Fri 15 – Sun 17 Nov: Three-day warm-up match – Cobham Oval, Whangarei
- Thu 21 Nov – Mon 25 Nov: 1st Test v New Zealand – Bay Oval, Mt Maunganui
- Fri 29 Nov – Tue 3 Dec: 2nd Test v New Zealand – Seddon Park, Hamilton
Despite their success in white-ball cricket, the Test side has stalled in recent years which was shown when Australia regained The Ashes in a thrilling summer series.
Furthermore, following the departure of Trevor Bayliss, England will be led by a new coach who is yet to be appointed.
After New Zealand, England head to South Africa, with Venatour offering a luxury package to enjoy the New Year’s Test at the iconic Newlands in Cape Town. The package includes full hospitality for all 5 days at the cricket, return flights from London Heathrow, 7-nights accommodation, transfers and high-class cricket between the number three and four teams in the Test Team Rankings.
Click here to learn more or email email@example.com